Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Two Coolest Ships of 2010

Two of the coolest ships ever built debuted in 2010 and I was fortunate to have experienced both on their special gala inaugural sailings. I've been on ALOT of ships since 1983 - where I was singing and dancing for my supper on the fondly remembered Emerald Seas - and through the years the innovations of the day have never ceased to amaze. Remember when cruising had "just" an early or late seating dining and a midnight buffet? Or when bingo ruled as the top activity? We can look back on the cruise experience of yesterday with a heartwarming smile, but today's era of cruising is all about the wow and the wow is innovation - with more deck space to fill as the ships grow larger, the suites bigger, the atrium's taller and the capacity greater. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line have been at the forefront of this evolution and with Allure of the Seas and Norwegian Epic, their creativity and imagination have soared to new heights. Allow me to take you on a little journey of what I experienced - and what you can too - on these two great divas of the seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment